Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Return Entry

I have been trying to upload a blog from a program (CoffeeCup) onto a webspace I have, and they just don't seem to want to play nicely together. It's not needed immediately.... I am planning on using it for NaNoWriMo. And I don't even really need the blog program; I just wanted to use it. Me being lazy and whatnot.

The past few weeks I have seen me really wanting to write again. Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to swing a low-end laptop for myself before November. That way I can take my nano-ing with me everywhere I go, and not have to deal with writing things out by hand, and then transcribing them into my Word while I would much rather be chasing down the flits of the plot hovering just out of my reach down the brick path. Yes, that's how I see it right now. If it sounds a bit SecondLife, I would have to blame my enjoyment of SL on that.

And no matter what its detractors say, SL is good for opening your eyes to the real world around you. I see things in terms of textures a lot more than I did, and I think I have caught more interesting (and of more interest) photographs in my camera than I would have without being a builder and photographer in SL.

It is a lovely, sunny day here in Southern California. Last night the air became cold and smelled heavily of the ocean... a scent I will never dislike. Now is the scent of old wood houses and water, dust in the alleys, someone's toast. A crow is cawing as it circles above our buildings. Someone is running a small-speed lawnmower, tires of a pickup crunch the gravel and sand in the alley outside my window, and a woman calls in Spanish to her kids.

That's my world, at least during the day on Sunday.

No comments:

Professional Web Design